We are on the lookout for Developers, with solid technical experience of Ruby on Rails, who love working with people to deliver valuable solutions to our client's end users.
You will be working as a core member of our team to:
- Build scalable, sustainable and innovative systems based on what we've learnt in the project so far
- Championing the user in all tasks, and ensuring they get the best outcome from your code.
We're growing Dragon Drop. We want new team members who are ready to take steps towards a Senior Developer role as we continue to grow.
Some of the key activities within this role
- Developing and maintaining Ruby on Rails applications through agile ways of working
- Collaborating with designers, user researchers and other developers
- Making informed decisions, drawing from technical experience
- Building User Interfaces and constructing Views with existing pattern libraries.
- Involving your team in discussions on progress of tasks
- Identifying areas where you think the user is missing out on a better experience
Some of the skills we're looking for
These are the types of skills that we expect our senior developers to have (but if there's anything you can't do yet, we will help you learn):
- 2+ years Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience of working in teams to ship projects
- Ability to work iteratively and collaboratively, with open communication
- Can turn wireframes and designs into functional applications
- Can write and maintaining integration and unit test suites (RSpec)
- Experience of Git for version control
- Experience of UNIX Systems
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Passion for user experience and design
- Remote working experience
Benefits of working with us
- 25 holiday days per year, on top of the bank holiday allowance
- A mentoring programme with a Co-founder
- A conference budget
- Flexible working hours and location
- New MacBook Pro / Equivalent Linux Laptop
- Interesting range of clients and projects from across the globe
- Opportunity to grow in your career
- Flexible path towards future roles and specialisms
- Small, friendly, personably team
- Quarterly drinks
Send us your CV and, if we think you will make a good team member, we will get you to complete a short coding exercise. This gives you the opportunity to showcase your approach to solving problems and for us to see your code on a clean build project.
Following this is a face-to-face pairing session with one of our developers, where we will talk over the choices you have made in your solution and get to know you a little better. You will then get to meet with one of our directors.
Salary range: £42k - £60k